2. What are you reading right now?
The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney. I’ve only just started, I have heard so many good things so I really hope it lives up to its reputation
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
none at the minute! I am going down there on Saturday though and I think I may ask them to get me a copy of Zoe Marriott’s The Swan Kingdom, because I can’t wait til July (when the new cover is released) for it!
4. Bad book habit?
Dog-earring books, I know I shouldn’t. but tbh it doesn’t bother me! If I’m borrowing a book though I will use a bookmark. But I lose them so easily!
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
Sisters Red – Jackson Pearce, The Bride’s Farewell – Meg Rosoff and The 13 Curses – Michelle Harrison
6. Do you have an e-reader?
I don’t, I actually use my phone to read books I get off Netgalley and it is driving me crazy! I may have to get one for Christmas! lol
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
One, I can’t concentrate on more than one at a time, I always end up favouring one over the other so it’s pointless starting two!
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
Yes, I read SOOOOO much more! Which you can imagine really, I started this year thinking my goal would be 50 for the year; I’m already over 40 and its still April! Also I really think about what I’m reading, I don’t skim read as much!
9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
quite possibly Tithe by Holly Black I really couldn’t get into it at all, or Matched by Ally Condie…
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
Die For Me – Amy Plum. I really couldn’t wait to read this book as its not out til May. I HAD to get a copy and my mentioning of this fact on twitter meant that I actually got a review copy from another blogger who didn’t think it would be her type of thing… however since I’ve read it, and posted my review of it, she has
changed her mind, based on my review (Woop!) and wants to read it! 😀
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
not as often as I should. I want to read more but it’s hard! I know what I like!
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
Contemporary and paranormal young adult.
13. Can you read on the bus?
I can, though I ddrive so I rarely get the chance.
14. Favourite place to read?
I don’t think I’ve found it yet. I reckon it would be a garden if I had one. But my most used place is curled up in a ball on the sofa, with T next to me playing on the ps3!
15. What is your policy on book lending?
I will always lend a book to a friend, including my fellow blogger friends, providing I know that they will look after it, and I can afford the postage! I ALWAYS lend books to my sister… if it wasn’t for her I wouldn’t read at all so it’s the least I can do!
16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
yup, as you can see above!
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
nope, I used to for uni but not anymore
18. Not even with text books?
yeah, back when I used em
19. What is your favorite language to read in?
The only one I know! English
20. What makes you love a book?
The ability to lose myself within the words
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
my enjoyment of it… or if its my sister, I know her so well that if I didn’t like a book but I know it’s her type of thing I will recommend… for example Between the shades of grey, so not my type of book! But it is hers so Ive recommended it to her already!
22. Favorite genre?
paranormal, dystopian, contemporary…
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
more non-fiction or sci-fi because I think I would enjoy it…
25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
26. Favorite cookbook?
erm… A student one I have, its cheap and easy! .
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
Jessie <3’s NYC by Keris Stainton, its inspired me to just go to New York and be done with it (I probably wont though… I’m too scared!)
28. Favorite reading snack?
chocolate chip cookies….. oranges are THE worst thing to eat whilst reading, trust me!
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
The Hunger Games….
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
I don’t know, it depends what you mean by critics…
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I don’t like it too much… but it’s my opinion, I try to push that fact in my reviews, to get people to maybe read the books themselves to form their opinion!
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
Japanese, because I’m hoping to go there one day and I’d like to be able to understand the language
33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
erm… I don’t know to be honest… Probably some classic like Jane Austin or something…
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, Its huge, it’s out of my comfort zone and its sat on my shelf waiting to be read…
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
Anywhere from 1-5
37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
never. I always read them
38. Favorite fictional character?
oh man. Just one?! I don’t know! Daisy from Sarra Manning’s Pretty things? Sephy from Noughts and Crosses? Luna from Harry Potter, Frank from The Wasp Factory (yes I know he’s messed up but hes an amazing character!)
39. Favorite fictional villain?
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
depends where I’m going… Once when I went to see my parents for 3 weeks I took 15 books of varying genres and sizes and read them all (theres nothing else to do in the Bulgarian countryside honest!) but if im going away with friends to a beach or something… it’d be something short and sweet, contemporary romance type things probably.
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
probably about a month… I had bad periods of time during my years at uni but I had to read because I did an English Lit course! Longest time not reading for pleasure? Id say about 9 months! (term-time)
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
Bleak House – Dickens. I can’t, I can’t even get past the first two pages!
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
too many things going on at once… usually T playing music/games or watching videos whilst L is playing something else and constantly talking… it does my head it with too much sound going on all around me at once!
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
Charlie and the Chocolate factory… both the Gene Wilder and the Jonny Depp ones… I love them almost as much as I love the book!
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
Twilight… but then what else can I expect!
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
erm… probably around £50, on textbooks more than likely!
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
I’ll read the first couple of pages, that’s it!
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
Yes a bit but I’m not like totally OCD
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
It depends… a lot of my books atm are coming from the library as I have no money. I either keep them, or if I don’t think I’ll read them again I’ll take them to the library for a loan.
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
Vampire books that I think are obviously cashing in on the whole twilight thing? I don’t know why but The PC Cast “House Of Night” series… really avoiding that one even though Ive heard ok things about it
52. Name a book that made you angry.
One Day by David Nicholls… I loved it but GRRRR
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
hmmm… I don’t know… The Story Sisters I didn’t expect to like as much as I did… It turned out to be one of my favourite books of 2010
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
The Hunger Games by Suzzanne Collins… It’s not so much that I didn’t like it, it just didn’t grab me!
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?